Monday, June 23, 2008

New Verve Released Online

I'm by no means a fan of the Verve, but that "Bittersweet Symphony" was a heck of a song. (Too bad they didn't earn a dime from it!)

Anyway, the band reunited at Coachella this spring, and have a new album in the works. I was just over at Stereogum and they have a link to stream a new song from the Verve. You can listen to the song here.

It sounds very much like the Verve that I'm familiar with. If you're a fan of the band, chances are you're at least going to be okay with this song, if not in love with it.

Tell me what you think...
Share/Save/Bookmark

4 comments:

Spam said...

I too am only casually familiar with The Verve's past material, and even less familiar with his solo work. That said...

I just listened to the song (and in fact, the song is still finishing as I type). Upon first listen, I'm not as impressed as I hoped I'd be, but I'm definitely not ready to pass judgment on it yet. For the moment, I'm simply pleased about the return of another good alternative band from the genre's glory decade.

Anonymous said...

Interesting that you're pleased about the return of a band from the 90s. I wonder if the average 16-25 year old even gives a damn. I submit that they do not. Most listeners and casual music fans only know one song from the Verve. I think people probably care about the return of the Verve about as much as they do the return of Blind Melon, Candlebox or Alice In Chains.

zombielu said...

spam!!!!!!!

meremayjohn said...

I didn't like this, the background "ooh, oohing" bothered me, it was too distracting.