Thursday, July 10, 2008

New Bloc Party, Better Than Old Bloc Party

In light of the recent post by Zombielu (one which I agree pretty much 100% with), I found the new Bloc Party single posted on Hype Machine today. And what do you know? It's damn good!

Here's the video:

I can't disagree with Zombielu's assessment of Bloc Party's last album, A Weekend In The City, because it really was a stinker of an album. But does it matter that a band befalls the sophomore curse if they follow it up with some amazing music? If this song is any indication, the album is going to be their best.

Yes, I said it. This song is better than anything on their first album, Silent Alarm.

I'm really excited to hear the rest of this album. As soon as I do, I'll let you know all about it.

Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

zombielu said...

i really really really hope, i mean, really hope that this album reminds me why i love this band....oh and the vid isnt working, is it my system or a flaw in yours?