Tuesday, May 6, 2008

"want a pick covered in saliva? who doesn't. "

A quote from Alison "VV" Mosshart of The Kills from their blog. She's mocking herself for offering Conan her slimy pick after he told her his "two and a half year old always steals his." Alison is one half of The Kills, her partner is British guitarist Jamie "Hotel" Hince. They rocked the stage on Conan last night with "Sour Cherry" one of my faves from the new album Midnight Boom, which came out March 10, 2008.

When I first heard this album, already my head was bobbin. Now my shoulders and my legs have joined in. It's a great album to dance, run, clean or whatever-activity-you-please to.

Some songs from the album that gave my foot a mean tappin' :

"Cheap and Cheerful" with a nice smokers hack to start off the song. "I want you to be crazy because you're boring baby when you're straight."

"Getting Down"- "Oh oh oh oh ah oh oh ah..." You'll be singing it and you won't even realize.

"M.E.X.I.C.O."- "C U"

"Sour Cherry"- I wanted to see them live, BAD, and was severely disappointed they won't be stopping in SLC. Seeing this performance did not help my disappointment.



I kind of want a saliva covered pick. Gross.

See if there coming to your town here.





Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: