Friday, April 11, 2008

Bragging about Misery

I'm certain I'm one of many who have a Dylan obsession. The man soothes me. There is nothing like revisiting an old album, especially one of Dylan's. Last night as I was doing some weights, I put on 'Blonde on Blonde'. 'Visions of Johanna' came on and I heard it completely different than anytime before. I love it when this happens. The first line just sucked me right in, "Ain't it just like the night to play tricks when you're tryin' to be so quiet?" I began to create the characters in my mind as he told the story. I searched for a live performance. Hope you have a Dylan experience like mine.

Who would have thought things would become so "concise and clear" while bench pressing


Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

zombielu said...

good call....blonde on blonde is my favorite dylan album...i remember hearing 'tangled up in blue' for the 1 millionth time for the first time, and it was a lot like what youre saying, you start putting your life into the lyrics and it changes the song forever....

hockeytemper said...

We're not worthy! We're not worthy!